Introduction to Creo Elements Direct Modeling
In this course, you will learn the basics about 3-D design using Creo Elements/Direct Modeling. You will learn about Creo Elements/Direct´s explicit approach to 3-D design at the basics of working with workplanes and 2-D. Using the intuitive interface, you will learn how to build and modify parts and assemblies. You will also be infrastructed on tips and best practices. After completing this course, you will have an understanding of the explicit modeling approach of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling, and be able to design functional and manufacturable products.
|CAD system||Creo Elements/Direct|
At the end of each module, you will complete a set of review questions to reinforce critical topics from that module. At the end of the course, you will complete a course assessment in Pro/FICIENCY intended to evaluate your understanding of the course as a whole.
Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, and have an understanding of drafting concepts. Must have experience in the development of 2-D design using a CAD system. Prior use of another 3-D system is helpful, but not required.
This course is intended for designers, mechanical engineers, industrial engineers, illustrators, and tooling designers. People in related roles will also benefit from talking this course.
- Understanding the explicit modeling approach of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling
- Create workplanes by various methods
- Create and modify 2-D using 2D CoPilot
- Create parts from 2-D using Machine commands
- Modify parts with Blends, Chamfers, face modifications, and face booleans
- Create and modify assemblies
- Customize the user interface